Sunday, January 26, 2014

College of hard knocks

Classes begin tonight for me.. self taught,
I have to begin treating my life as nothing but going to college again.  I just wish I had a dorm to live in with a cafeteria and maid service, but here goes anyway.

Class one is really beginning in the middle.  Books.. read books tons of books.  I am in the middle of Shark Tank Jump start your business so I will begin taking notes on chapter 9 as I read it.  Then I am going to have to go back through it again to actually DO the things that are assigned in it.  I have been out of the mandatory learning/test passing situation for 25 years.  This is hard.. but I have a friends blog post marked so that I can go back and read and re read and re read again her thoughts on how SHE can do hard things. I can too.  I have to be proud of me even if no one else is or knows what extent I am going to. 
So here I go.
1. Finish reading shark tank
2 Figure out how to write an employee manual and get it done in the next few days
3. Read/digest/implement the Safety Manual
4. Continue working on repair manuals for each piece of equipment, the homework from LAST week.
5. Digest the legal part of the business,
6. Get tax materials ready for 4 business and our personals
7  Keep the other 3 businesses running at what ever level they need to be
8. Feed my family at least 2 meals a day
9. Make sure we have clean clothes each day
10. Dishes, dishes, dishes,
11. Stop the leak
12. Can we at least walk through the house with out falling
13. Where does M. have to be and at what time?
14. And anything else the principal deems necessary

That is off the top of my head tonight.  I got a good night sleep last night inspite of the weird dreams so tonight.. begins the cram sessions and late nights combined with early mornings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment