Monday, June 24, 2013

Inside my head

So, today was just another day for me.  It was Monday, started out running a little late, as usual, and was worried that the appointment I had was going to be there waiting on me.  Got to work, my contractor drove up to give me the invoice on the project he was working on for me and explain what had been done to this point and when the rest would be done.  I was excited that this was getting on a roll finally. 

Answered the phone to find out the appointment I had was running later than I was so it gave me about 2 hours to get other things going.  Took care of a couple errands I needed someone else to run for me and got that person dispatched.  Got another employee dispatched to finish repacking a trailer that is part of our fire equipment.  Scrubbed a 100 foot hose.  Checked out how much progress my hubby was making on our mechanic shop area, which was a LOT of work!!!!!

Appointment showed up to do the training for us for our newest endeavor,  worked in a very hot room a our swamp cooler doesn't work very well and the temp was over 100 degrees outside.  Part of our training also had to take place outside in the sun.  Answered the phone to take orders for the trucking business.   First customer was late showing up to pick up his equipment so we had to wait till after the store actually closed and we should have been on the way home.  But we got through doing the paperwork all on our own with out our trainer to help us.  (which incidentally was something that made me very proud to get through since I panicked completely at the beginning and couldn't remember a THING we were supposed to do. 

In the middle of this I have answered any number of phone calls from my family asking questions of how to cook things for their dinners from Fort Worth to Las Cruces NM and here in town as well.

Then we went home.  Hubby decided to take me out to dinner to cool off and we left all the kids here to eat the dinner they had cooked.  Came back home and sat down to talk to the not kids... the young adults that we are working with to make the leap into true adulthood. 

Suddenly, almost in the middle of the conversation, I realize that what to me  everything that has gone on all day is just another day, just part of the job as it were. But it has become overwhelming to literally everyone else that had been in our circle and suddenly, here I am, sitting all alone.  They have all had to go somewhere else to regroup and I don't know, unwind?
I'm really not sure what it is about me and my world that makes others run and hide.   And if I could figure it out, Im not sure I could stop doing it.  I guess that's part of the reason I have pretty much always been "a loner".  Other people can only take so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment